Monday, January 10, 2011

New Year, New Program

Hey everyone...so I'm officially back from winter vacation. I gained a couple pounds in Brasil, but it's sure better than the 5-8 pounds I would regularly gain on the holidays. We had our 'Christmas' dinner yesterday, so today is the BIG day! Time to get back down to business and get this weight off!!

I guess you could say that my New Year's resolution is to lose weight (surprise, surprise)..but I want to make an actual goal so I have something to look to. I want to lose 30 pounds by the end of the year (if not sooner). I hope this new WW program is going to actually work. I'm a little skeptical with the higher point values per day, the free fruit, and the many extra points per week..not to mention that I'm not sure your daily values go down as you lose?? We shall see. If I don't see progress after a month or so, we will reevaluate.

Another 'food' resolution I have this year is to begin giving up meat, and then limiting my cheese/milk intake. My original plan was to go vegan for lent this year, but I'm a little unsure of that while trying to stick to WW too..sooooo my plan is to give up all meats for lent this year and in the mean time, limit my dairy intake (or just substitute it for non-animal choices).

Time to get started..also, I am starting my WW counting all over again since there is a whole new program to follow, and of course, since it's a whole new year!

Good luck to everyone!


No comments:

Post a Comment